Friday, February 03, 2006

Well here goes. Every year I try to pick the outcome of the Super Bowl, although I don't think I posted it last year (I'm certain I chose the Patriots because - unless they are playing the Redskins - I will never root for the Eagles).

This year, however, gives me a chance to enjoy the game and not dislike the participants. The truth is, I do like the Patriots, but I didn't want them to win 3 out 4, like the Cowboys did. While I suppose the Steelers could tie the record for most Super Bowl wins (with Dallas and San Francisco), it would be okay with me.

The way I look at it, I believe that either the Seahawks will win by a wide margin or Pittsburgh will win in a close game. Earlier this week, I felt the Seahawks would take it. Now, I'm not so sure.

So, without any further delay, my pick for Super Bowl XL is...

Pittsburgh over Seattle 24-20

The MVP will be Troy Polamalu.

Mayer, my 12-year-old know-it-all says that Seattle will win 27-24, with Shaun Alexander the MVP.

Stay tooooned.

No comments: