Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Let's start with the good news first...

I saw my cardiologist today and was given a respectable bill of health. He was very happy that my kidney function numbers were normal (for the first time in 3 years), and also was pleased that my blood pressure was lower - just not yet low enough.

On the other hand, he's convinced that the pain I have in my knees is due to arthritis, and not further cartilage damage. At least with cartilage damage, I could get scoped and it would get better. But since I can't really take anything for arthritis - except Vicodin - I guess it's just something I'll have to live with.

What else...

How 'bout dem Cowboys? While the score was off from my prediction, I pretty much figured that the game would go the way it did. Clearly, Tennessee is a bad team, and having Vince Young start was a move made for the future. But it was nice seeing the team dominate the way they did. Next week is Philadelphia. Ya think they'll be fired up?

On the Albert Haynesworth incident, how shameful for a guy, playing at home, in the state where he went to college, to pull such a disgusting act. I read the comments in both the Dallas Morning News and in the Nashville Tennessean, and have to say that I'm not in agreement with most of them.

Given Haynesworth's history of violent behavior, I believe he should be made to sit out the season, and then be forced to seek reinstatement upon completion of a psychiatric evaluation and an anger-management course. It's true that we are paying millions of dollars to guys whose sole purpose is to be mean and nasty, most football players are quite capable of following the rules.

While Haynesworth apologized for his actions, I don't believe it's enough. His apology - saying that he isn't violent - is an easy cop out. The fact is, he is violent, no matter what he, or his spokespeople say.

What else...

I looked back in some articles I had saved from earlier in the year. I wanted to capture some of the dire weather predictions of some "experts" regarding global warming and the increased threat of super-hurricanes this summer.

Now that they've been proven wrong yet again, do you think George Bush deserves an apology? How sad that you don't hear any of the doomsayers recanting. How very sad. Oh well, on to the next calamity...

I like that Hugo Chavez called Donald Rumsfeld "Mr. Dog." Well, at least he's showing a little respect. After all, he could have just called him "dog." I think in retaliation, Rummy should call him "the soon-to-be-late Argentine President." Wouldn't that be a cool nickname?

No comments: