Monday, October 09, 2006

Okay, so they lost to the Eagles. It's happened before and it will no doubt happen again. While Drew Bledsoe did his best Craig Morton imitation, I still don't think it's time for a quarterback change in Big D. The defense was quite equal in the blame department and while I hate losing to Iggles, it's just 1/16th of the season. Philly was pumped up and took advantage of some terrible turnovers. Even still, the 'Boys almost won anyway.

No. No panic here. Not yet. Catch me again after they play them in Dallas on December 25th.

On to the Texas Rangers (who? Do they still have a team?). Rumors abound about who the Rangers will hire as their new manager (as if it makes any difference). The Rangers are the only team that is at least 15 years old and has never won a playoff series. In fact, in the three times they've appeared in the post-season, they've won only one, count 'em, one playoff game.

Now we all know about the futility that is the Chicago Cubs. But let me tell you, they ain't got nothing on my Rangers. Since their inception as the Washington Senators in 1960. through their move to Arlington, Texas in 1972, they have been nothing short of an annual joke. In fact, while there have been a number of Hall of Famers who have passed through these parts, only one, Nolan Ryan, is enshrined in the sacred Hall of Fame wearing a Texas Rangers cap.

So, the rumors are out that Texas might be interested in Joe Torre to replace Buck Showalter. I'd be shocked. First of all, why the heck would someone with Torre's resume want to kill his career? Aside from Whitey Herzog and Billy Martin, no former Rangers' manager has ever made it anywhere else, and Herzog and Martin did it 30+ years ago. And when you consider that there has now been 18 people who have managed here, well that says a lot.

Secondly, there's a new sheriff in town by the name of Jon Daniels. Last year, he was hired as the youngest General Manager in the league. After spending a year with Showalter, Daniels has developed a style that suggests stability. It would surprise me greatly if he didn't hire a candidate from within the organization.

But then again, I would be so unbelievably sweet if Torre led Texas to a World Series title before A-Rod got another chance? See, us folks from Dallas-Fort Worth remember quite well that upon leaving Texas for the glitter of the Bronx (now that's funny right there), he commented on how much better he was that the "bunch of kids" he was forced to play with. Of course, of the three other infielders that he called "bunch of kids", one hit the game-winning home run in one all-star game, another was an all-star game MVP and the third one, also an all-star, is one of the top 2 or 3 first basemen in all of baseball.

Way to go A-Clod. Love that playoff batting average.

What else, since I took my latest siesta...

Well, I am feeling a bit better. The stress I'm feeling along with my emotional stability is still a work in progress. But as with all other things, this too shall pass. I just wish it would a whole lot sooner. I'm not saying I'm the only one who has issues - I know there are people who are far and away worse off than lil 'ol me. But you can't argue that I haven't had my more-than-fair share. So I get down a lot and I get moody and often times, I get depressed. But on the other hand, it could have been a whole lot worse. I mean, I survived. And, I survived in one piece. Any number of the issues I have dealt with come easily have finished me off. The heart attack, the stroke, the depression, that or any other calamity that seems to have befallen me could have done me in.

But it hasn't. Am I better for it? Well, I certainly don't want to go through any of it ever again. But the very fact that I can still laugh when I cry, that I can still walk when I need to get around and that I can still feel love when I'm loved...well, that's a very good thing.

Enough of this crap.

Speaking of which, I'll leave you with this:

Lightning exits woman's bottom

See, life really can be worse!

No comments: