Sunday, June 15, 2008

I graduated high school exactly 27 years ago today. What does that mean? I dunno, I was just thinking about it.

On my graduation day, Ronald Reagan had just been inaugurated and it seemed the whole country had breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Disco officially died a slow and painful death.

Gasoline cost $1.38 a gallon. A gallon of milk was $2.22. A dozen eggs was ninety cents. The Dow Jones Index reached a high of 1024 and a low that year of 824.

Wow.

I was 18 years old, with my whole life ahead of me. It was the summer I drove from school in northern California back home to Dallas is a flat-bed Ford 150.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it was a long, long time ago.

***************************

I've discovered a pretty funny new cartoon online, called Attack Cartoons. The author leans right, but neither side is immune from his scathing wit. After perusing his library, I have to say this is clearly my favorite. I warn you, though. His humor can be a bit inappropriate.

***************************

Why is anyone giving Gore Vidal a platform? He hates Bush. Big deal. But his attack on McCain was just disgusting. I'm not a big fan of the Republican nominee, but I would never be so crass as to call him a liar about his suffering in a POW camp.

Although I have to admit that the fact that Vidal's comments were published in the New York Time's Magazine is not surprising.

***************************

Keith Ellison should be deported to Iran. At least he'll feel at home. When he demanded to be sworn in on a Koran, I argued that although I found it disgusting, it was his right to do so. But now he's gone overboard. His latest outburst proves he is a despicable tool of the jihadists.

Read it and weep -- here.

***************************

Did you know that Robert Kennedy would be alive today if Israel never existed?

Yep, according to this idiot, RFK's assassination was all the Jooos fault.

Those British! So proper, so poised, so anti-Semitic.

***************************

I've got to admit, not all Americans make me proud:
























Courtesy of foundsh*t.com

No comments: