I'm especially troubled by those "pro-Israel" Americans who believed Obama when he said he was committed to Israel's security. The only thing Democrats are committed to is getting re-elected. Just like during the Vietnam War, when the going got tough, the Democrats gave up. In Iraq, when the going got tough, Democrats said all was lost and wanted to desert the Iraqis the way we deserted the South Vietnamese.
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. And yet, these same "Pro-Israel" Americans (I put that in quotations because I do not believe they really know what it means to be truly pro-Israel) still excuse Obama because - and really there is no other reason than - because he isn't Bush.
Since his inauguration - about 100 days ago - President Obama has managed to:
1. Free up taxpayer dollars so people in Mexico can kill their unborn babies easier.The sad truth is that I could go on and on and on.
2. Place a tremendous financial burden on our children and grandchildren that may end our Independence as a nation.
3. Courted leaders of rouge nations to the embarrassment of our citizens.
4. Left the Poles and other Eastern European nations in the dust and reneged on a vital promise to protect them from Russian might.
5. Put into motion the nationalization of our banks and auto industry.
6. Removed a private citizen from heading a publicly traded company.
7. Refused to allow banks to repay TARP money in order to continue to control them.
8. Insulted the Prime Minister of our closest ally (Great Britain)
9. Insulted the Queen of England
10. Embarrassed the country with his self-promoting gifts to foreign leaders.
11. Badly damaged the morale of our intelligence agencies.
12. Chose a cabinet full of tax cheats - including one to head the IRS!
13. Chose someone to head the CIA who had not one iota of experience or knowledge of the organization.
14. Prostrated himself at the feet of the leader of a nation whose own citizens brought down the World Trade Center.
15. Appointed a woman to head Homeland Security who had no idea where the 9/11 terrorists entered the country from.
Now, just as expected, he's coming down hard on the one true democracy in the region. Instead of demanding the Arabs accept Israel - which is a basic right - he demands Netanyahu accept the suicide of the Jewish State. Exactly what has Obama accomplished in his life that would make anyone think he knows what's best for Israel?
Obama has filled his administration with people who have a history of hostility to Israel. Again, I will ask the one basic question that I have yet to hear an answer for - why is it okay for an Arab to live in Israel, but not for a Jew to live anywhere but inside the Israeli borders.
The problem, as I see it is that Israel has allowed this anomaly by accepting the Arab demands. For some very odd reason, the Arabs have a very high opinion of themselves. for a people who have accomplished little more than death and destruction, not to mention introducing the world to Jihad, suicide bombers and hijacking, they have accomplished nothing else by themselves.
It was a complete lie when Obama praised the accomplishments of the Muslim people in his inaugural speech. And this is part of the huge error Israel is equally guilty. The core beliefs of this religion is that every other religion and every other people are inferior to Islam and therefore, they will never have to accept compromise.
By giving honor to these people, you are recognizing their supremacy even if you do not mean to. Every time President Bush, or President Obama or anyone other world leader makes a statement praising Islam, Muslims don't feel especially honored - they feel as if the world leader is simply speaking truth to power. That is why, when someone comes along and insults Islam, he is guilty of blasphemy.
Islam teaches that ridiculing anothers beliefs are acceptable because those beliefs are inferior. That is why you will see not one Muslim protesting for Catholic or Jewish rights - although you will often see Jews and Catholics protesting for Muslim rights.
When Israel agreed to re-establish the PLO during the Oslo meetings, the Arabs didn't look at this as any gift from the West. They did not feel a sense of gratitude to President Clinton, or to Prime Minister Rabin. On the contrary! They felt that a wrong had been righted - regardless whether the west thought otherwise.
So when they refuse to accept Israel as a legitimate nation, they aren't holding out for negotiation. They will never accept it because they consider themselves above such petty things. To Islam,it's simple - submit or die.
There is no alternative.
No matter how many Arab countries Obama speaks at and no matter how many settlements Israel dismantles. It will never be enough.
Submit or die.
Obama - like Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagen and Carter before them - is not understanding the equation.
Submit or die.
All the talk of hope and change is meaningless.
Submit or die.
Although it was a Hollywood fantasy, I'm reminded of the film "Independence Day" with Will Smith and Bill Pullman. When President Thomas Whitmore (Pullman) sees the thoughts of the alien captured in area 51, he understands what they want.
Submit or die.
In the film, he realizes that the human race will not survive if they don't defeat the enemy. With Islam as well, we will never survive if we do not defeat them. For those Muslims who are not among the Supremacists, you can no longer sit on the sidelines and wait for the outcome. You are here in America - or wherever else you may be - and they have proven that you are just the same target.
Submit or die.
There is no "hope and change" in Obama. All these ideas and "solutions" have all been tried before - mostly to disastrous results. If Obama truly wanted to change things, he would instead of following the failed foreign policies of the past, he would recognize that he can not negotiate with an unwilling partner. He must make it known that America will not submit to religion that believes in its own supremacy. That the United States recognizes that the only think Islam has given the world is death and decay.
Until we stop proving to the Arabs their supremacy and start acknowledging our own, we will eventually either have to submit or die.