Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's amazing what just one phone call can do. It doesn't matter who it was I spoke to, but suddenly, my writer's bloc is over. Good for me, not so good for anyone, I suppose.

I wrote my transplant story a little over 5 years ago and so much has changed in my life since then. Even though time has allowed me to see certain things that happened in a new and different light, I see no value in editing what I originally wrote. For the most part, the story is the same and I can only conclude the new information - which really isn't all that new - would only serve to change the way some of you see certain people. I'm not an agitator and I really aren't spiteful.

So why start now?

But I do think it might be time to consider writing either a new chapter, or an epilogue. Well, maybe not an epilogue - after all, I expect to have many, many more years ahead and who knows, maybe more chapters (all good) to add.

So, what's new in the world since I've been gone?

To be honest, I am so sick and tired of the ObamaCare issue that I have nothing to add. I believe it was Hillary Clinton who said a couple of years ago, when George Bush was in office, that "dissent was patriotic."

Apparently, the rules have changed and according to the folks at the Huffington Post, dissent is now "racist." Amazing how that works, huh?

So now, whenever I disagree with the policies of the President of the United States, I'm not longer patriotic, but now I'm a racist?

Really?

Why do I think that will all change on January 20, 2012? Hmmmm.

Look, I know there is a lot of Republican hypocrisy around. It just seems the Left is making a career of it. And could you imagine the outcry is President Bush would have come out and said “I don’t want folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”?

Seriously, I thong Cindy Sheehan would drop dead if Bush said something that unbelievably arrogant. Plus, if Obama really feels that way, why hasn't he shut up Chris Dodd and Barney Frank?

Because it isn't the ones who created the mess that Obama is talking about, is it? Of course not. No one with half a brain thinks he's talking about his fellow Democrats. Do you?

Isn't this just another page taken from Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals?" In case you doubt that Obama is following this literary piece of trash, here are but a few of these "rules":

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it." (Think Gingrich, Lott and the success of name-calling used by the likes of Bill Clinton, Paul Begala, James Carville, Maxine Waters and others against conservatives and Republicans. Think of how Clinton "enemies" like Paula Jones or Linda Tripp were treated.)

"One of the criteria for picking the target is the target's vulnerability ... the other important point in the choosing of a target is that it must be a personification, not something general and abstract." (Trent Lott comes to mind. Meanwhile, a former Klansman by the name of Sen. Robert Byrd got away with saying "nigger" on Fox News at least three times, and he still maintains his Senate seat and power.)

It is encouraging to see that more and more Americans are beginning to awaken to the madness that is the Obama plan. While further destroying the economy (in order to fix it?) was just the tip of the iceberg, his overreaching health care boondoggle may have just been the straw that breaks the camels back. Almost 2/3 of those who have expressed an opinion regarding ObamaCare have stated their opposition to it.

While many who have heard it's contents are not that well informed, the fact that Obama has unleashed his goons at SEIU and ACORN, has proven to be a very bad miscalculation. In reality, there is no central planning to these protests and the insurance industry is not behind it. The more Pelosi and company cry about it, the more foolish they look and the less likely Obama's plan will succeed.

As much as the Democrats wish to remain with a single vision, they also know how easily this thing can blow up in their faces and cause them to lose their seats in Congress. Calling you constituents "stupid" is no way to get re-elected.

Well, thank you to the person who unknowingly cured my inability to write anything more than a top 10 list. I'm going to get started on Chapter 9 and will let you know when it's done.

(with assistance from NewsMax.com)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

actually I was hoping to hear more about the condition you are in now 5 years later, how your attitude on life has or has not changed, how you have changed as a person and as a parent, but alas I still must wait....
Ben

Shayne said...

Hey Ben,

Well I think that's what Chapter 9 will be about. I'm just formulating what I want to say but it should be done in a week or so (maybe less).