Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten Things Part I

I clearly have a thing for lists of ten. For today, boys and girls, I will rant about the ten things that are worth ranting about today.

1. Adding Insult to Infamy -- On October 23, 1983, simultaneous suicide truck-bombings destroy both the French and the U.S. Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, killing 241 U.S. servicemen. It took 20 years for an American court to finally find the nation of Iran legally responsible for providing Hezbollah with financial and logistical support that helped them carry out the attack.

Four years later, the victim families were awarded $2,656,944,87, to be divided among the victims; the largest award was $12 million to Larry Gerlach, who became a quadriplegic as a result of a broken neck he suffered in the attack.

But there is now a snag. In order to appease the unappeasable, the Obama administration is going to court to try to block payments from Iranian assets that the families’ lawyers want seized, contending that it would jeopardize sensitive negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program and establish a potentially damaging precedent.

These people will probably never see a dime of justice served. And to make matters worse, Obama is foolishly naive enough to believe he can make friends with the Ayatollahs. Well, Achminahomo did suggest that he was open to a deal if he simply threw Israel under the bus. I don't think Obama will be able to completely accomplish that. But he has taken serious steps to piss Israel off.

Regardless, the shame is on us for ignoring the rights of our own citizens, while kissing the ass of tyrants. Change indeed.

2. Kentucky Census Worker Committed Suicide -- I don't know how many of y'all followed this story originally. What happened was that a Kentucky state census worker was found hanging from a tree last September 12th, with the word "fed" (as in federal employee) crawled across his chest.

Almost immediately, lefty bloggers took the story as an indictment against the south, and against "Right-wing extremists" (you know, like you and me). Newsbusters has a list of the most prominent left wing blogs who jumped the shark, and you can access it here.

I would wait for an apology, but I still haven't heard one from all those left wing bloggers who indicted the Duke University lacrosse players. But this is the era of hope and change, right?

3. Why The Media Ignores ClimateGate -- It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, does it? Proof that the whole global warming fear was smoke, mirror and hype means nothing to the mainstream media. Besides, I'm sure they are far too busy combing through Sarah Palin's "Going Rouge", looking for spelling errors, probably, then to devote any time to the biggest scam in world history.

At least Al Gore can hock his Nobel prize to pay for all the lawsuits he's about to face.

4. Doug Ross linked my latest post today. That makes him my hero for the day. I'm small potatoes compared to Mr. Ross - who is more in the stratosphere of Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart and Ace of Spades (to name a few of the top Conservative blogs). Doug recently ranked #15.

Me? I wasn't listed (the list only goes up to #133). But I have no doubt I would be in the top 134...thousand. Face it, I love my small readership and I have no illusions of grandeur. But it really is a good feeling when one of the big ones notices me.

5. Wonderful newly discovered websites -- I'm constantly on the look out for humor sites that fit my personality. Here are a couple of new ones I discovered recently and will be adding them to my links list shortly:

My First Fail -- You may have heard of FAILBlog, where any mistake, error or lapse in judgement will be seen and mocked with reckless abandon. Well, My First Fail is the same concept, just with children. Many times, it's more adorable than mean.

Very Demotivational -- Everybody loves motivational posters, right? There are a few funny poster sites out there, but I found this one to be the best so far. Try it, you may be motivated (or not).

Stay tuned for part two of this post tomorrow (or the latest on Friday).

No comments: