Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dear readers,

Due to another serious health issue, I'm taking a break from blogging. As some of you know, I am a heart transplant recipient and now, ten years later, my kidneys have decided to fail me. I've started dialysis and am hopeful that once I'm used to the new me and the enormity of the change in my lifestyle and the way I feel, I will get back to blogging. Thankfully, modern medicine has made dialysis a common and successful alternative to death.

The doctors have told me that I can stay on dialysis for many years. However, the idea of a kidney transplant has definitely crossed my mind. Perhaps that will be a possibility for me. I mean after all, it wouldn't be the first transplant I ever had. I'm just not sure my body and soul are ready for another one.

So for now, I'm on a hiatus.

Shayne

No comments: