Friday, November 11, 2005

The 10 Worst Things Ever Said To Me (in no particular order)


(Sorry folks, just been that kind of week)

1. I'm sorry, but we've done all we could do. (when I found out that my father was dying)

2. It's not you. It's me. (more than once. ugh.)

3. There'll be other jobs. (and other layoffs)

4. It's just G-d's way of saying you're not ready to have a baby. (very nice - that makes me sooo much better)

5. Thanks, Alan. I had a nice time. (hellooo, my name's not Alan)

6. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. (except for the heart attack and stroke you'll have in a couple of days)

7. But we can still be friends, right? (sure, and we can still ...., right?)

8. What did you do deserve THAT? (when we told someone our child might be autistic)

9. Isn't that sooo romantic? (when a very-soon-to-be ex showed me a letter sent to her from her ex written entirely in his blood - really)

10. You know, they're never coming back. (when, as a 4-year-old, I asked my sadistic brother when my parents were returning from their trip to Israel - they returned the next week)

Next week -- the top 10 best things ever said to me.

No comments: