Friday, November 03, 2006

It has been a very busy week and I haven't had time to write my usual pearls of wisdom that I've never been known for. But I did want to post something before the week ended so here I am writing.

I have not commented on the upcoming mid-term elections for a reason. Everyone who reads this blog knows my political leanings and truthfully, I don't think there is any more I can say that hasn't already been said. Also, since all of the elections are local for where each of us live, I couldn't hope to know a lot about candidates from various other states.

However, I must add that even after the elections in 2000, 2002 and 2004, I am shocked by this year's ad campaigns. It's one thing to run an and or two critical of one's opponent - that's just politics. But I have never witnessed a year that was void of any information as to why we should vote for someone. Every single commercial I have seen is just a hatchet job showing us why we shouldn't vote for so-and-so.

Not a single one.

One race actually has the two candidates accusing each other of one being "not Church-going" enough. It's clear that the Democrats would use this tactic because they have no new ideas and, being the underdog, need to knock the GOP down. But the Republicans? Are they that afraid to run on what put them in office in the first place?

Well, that's my rant for today. The Cowboys will beat the Redskins 24-14 on Sunday.

No comments: