Monday, March 14, 2011

Way back in 2003, I submitted a parody song to the website Am I Right. The site offers a multitude of different music related item and one of those is song parodies. I had forgotten all about my submission until I heard about the slaughter of a family in Itamar, Israel. But then, like a rush of memory, it all came back and now, I feel it is apropos to repost these lyrics:

An Israeli Day in the Life
(parody of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life")

They killed some Jews today, oh boy
Another homicidal maniac
And once again the World stood still
Well I just have to cry
So many people died.

He blew a busload full of kids
No one noticed that he was a threat
The late day bus was rather full
Now the country's at a loss
Nobody was really sure if he was from Al-Aqsa or Hamas

I saw a news report, oh boy
The road map they created was released
As long as Arafat remains
And pays off his friends
The violence never ends
I'd love to throw him out...

Woke up, fell out of bed,
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
And looking up I noticed I was late.
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
But the bus this morning never came
Some of them cried and some of them screamed

They killed some Jews again, oh boy
They won't allow us to feel safe no more
Although our land is very small
They want to take it all
Even though it never once belonged to them before
They'd love to kick us out

May their deaths be avenged and their memory be a sourse of inspiration for Jews everywhere.

No comments: