Thursday, July 05, 2012

A Month of Sundays For the past year, this blog has focused entirely on music, with the rare mention of sports or politics. Well, for a short while, I'm going to shift gears again. Currently, I'm dealing with a physical ailment that required knee-replacement surgery. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Starting either tomorrow, or the latest, Sunday, I'll be spending the next 3 weeks at a physical rehab facility. What I'm going to do is take this time to write a day by day diary/journal of life in rehab.  The reasons are various. For one thing,  I'll have blog from my iPhone, since there isn't any Wi-Fi connection here that seriously restricts my actions. But it also allows me to do what I love the most. To write stories. Another reason is the rehabilitative value of writing. I discovered that when I initially wrote my transplant story starting 8 years ago. But one thing I wish to avoid is to define myself with what I've gone through. As traumatic as the past 10 years have been, it is simply just a part of my life. I do not wish to be thought of as "that transplant guy" or that guy whose always in pain. I'm still just who I am, but who is sadly learning the hard way that life is sometimes. Or very easy, or fair.  So, as I await my transfer to rehab, I think this is a good stop to end tonight.  

No comments: